Friday, March 28, 2008

1st ever PS Friday w/ freebie!


Wow, it has been a busy week and I look forward to the weekend! Yesterday I had kidney/bladder surgery and today my 6yr old had 3 cavities filled. She had been dumping out water bottles, filling them with sugary drinks and hiding them under her bed. I'm sure the dentist's drill taught her a way better lesson than I could've. I nearly cried though,watching her sob throughout.
So, to start out, HERE are the brushes. I also included pngs for non-PS users.
Making brushes is so easy and can accent your layouts perfectly. By making a selection of anything-pictures,papers,etc. you can have custom "stamps". In PS, make a selection of ONLY what you want to be in your brush. Then, in the "edit" menu select "Define Brush Preset",then give it a name. Your new brush will now be in your brushes palette ready to use. A great idea for brushes is to select something from the pic you are scrapping like an image off of the subject's clothes or something to that effect, and then make it into a brush for background paper, embellishments, etc. that are custom to your layout. To save your brushes, Select the arrow next to three lines in the top corner of the brushes palette and select Save brushes from the drop down menu.
Next week I'll go for something more in depth, the surgery threw me off for today. Let me know if you have any questions, and also, you may use today's freebie commercially as well. Enjoy your weekend :)

4 comments:

Tarun said...

great blog page.
good fun reading this page.

Ciao ...

Anonymous said...

You are such a sweetie!! Hope you are feeling all better soon, and thanks so much for this trat - and instructions!!

grambie said...

You are such a darling and I really appreciate these brushes. Thanks for adding the PNGs. Some times the brushes will work in PSE-5 and others they will not. So either way I am a winner. I hope you are feeling much better. Under the circumstances, this is a lot more than I expected because of your surgery. I pray for a speedy recovery and that you will not have too much pain. (I am a walking pharmacy as my family calls me between Oncology Infusions and the numerous other medications I have to have to breathe and survive.) I love your instructions and appreciate your taking the time and putting forth the effort. Leavin LUV! XOXOXO

makeyesup said...

Ok, first of all, what are you doing online blogging and giving gifts away? Please take time to rest and recover. Your health is more important.