Thursday, April 3, 2008

Cleaning. Ugh.

I don't know about you, but I detest cleaning. Epecially laundry. Probably due to the extent to which our house gets dirty because we live in the woods with 3 dogs and 2 kids. My youngest never met a mud puddle she didn't like and a single laundry load can take over an hour to scrub. forward So the scene this morning... Me, in Safeway, in the cleaning aisle, sniffing cleaning products. I have a very sensitive sense of smell and I will generally spend the extra 50¢ for a product that's scent I prefer. Proctor and Gamble got it right when labeling their "Simple Pleasures" lines. I am a sucker for their lav/vanilla's especially. I don't have time to "Stop and smell the roses". So I settle for not stopping and smelling the detergent instead. So, I am back home with many new scents including a new Dawn apple-pear dish detergent that has a matching air freshener attached. My laundry shelf is packed with great scents, oxyclean, the newest Spray & Wash with Resolve (heavy duty version), a Tide brush, a Downy ball, an old fashioned laundry soap bar and more, and I still never seem to get all of the stains out. Any suggestions? In the meantime I am off to scrub some more. :(

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Designated "play clothes" that you don't have to work on to get the stains out of. Clothes are clean when they come out of the washer whether they still have grass stains or not, and if they're "play clothes" it doesn't matter. "Change clothes before you go out to play" is something I grew up with and now that I'm older I can totally see why.